Abstract painting not signed any idea of the artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by manny, Mar 21, 2017.

1. manny

manny Active Member

Hi I need help ID the artist of this abstract watercolor painting appreciate any idea thank you

Attached Files:

wildrose likes this.
  2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Did you frame it or was it already framed when you either received or bought it?

Perhaps there is a reason why it isn't signed. The "nicest" reason would be because it was never "finished" by the artist.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not really an abstract since there is a recognizable figure in it. Could have some identifying info on the back or may have been student work and framed for personal use or as a gift. Who knows why artists don't sign their work????? I think sometimes it is because they are not proud enough of it, which would fit with this being unfinished.

I really think it is finished but just dabbling or practice for a student. May have even been an assignment. Have found a lot of student work with name and class identifying info on the back. Sometimes there is even a grade and teacher comments.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Can't decide if that is a man and his dog, or just a not so attractive lady.
    Maybe the artist couldn't either, that's why it is untitled.

upload_2017-3-21_10-20-28.png

5. manny

manny Active Member

Hi I guess it's a finished work cause I happen to own another one by the same artist there is nothing in the beck and I did open one of them to look for sig but nothing I

Attached Files:

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Where did you get them
    thanks for telling us you have 2
    have you seen others
    i find the work to be very interesting and suspect there are more out there...so maybe there could be some info on the reverse.

7. manny

manny Active Member

Hi kom I don't have a clue if they a one off or there are others out there that why I ask if anyone knows both them at antique fair and the seller don't know anything about them nothing at the beck

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well then there isn't enough information to go further......
    only , the seller could say where they came from...but that could be a dead end too....

Draft saved Draft deleted