Access to the 925-1000.com site ...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silver, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Silver

Silver Active Member

Good Day

I am finding that my computer cannot log onto this site - I get an error message - whereas my iPad does so without a problem. I use an iMac with Safari, but it is getting on in years. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

M

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm not having any issues, but then I'm on a PC using Firefox. What does the error message say?

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

How old is your system? Is it the original system it came with or do you upgrade it periodically?

I am on a Mac and just logged on with Safari with no problem.

4. Silver

Silver Active Member

It says it can't open the page because it "can't establish a secure connection to the server 'www.925-1000.com'"

5. Silver

Silver Active Member

It is a 2009 iMac running Yosemite version 10.10.5, so it is far from being the latest model. I cannot upgrade the operating system further because it already battles sometimes with Yosemite, which means that I can't upgrade Safari further either. But I access lots of other stuff without this problem. Touch wood!

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Connection problem could be with your Internet service, how that device connects to the Internet, or the chain of servers that device goes through to get to the site. Think it's not time to panic yet. Do you have difficulty connecting to other sites from that device?

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not sure why this is, but despite not needing a user ID and Password to access 925-1000, the address has https before the www.

Remember when there was a problem with the security certificate for this site last year and some people could get here but others could not? Maybe it's variety of that issue?

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Bronwen

My guess is that it is something of the sort, not a hardware or OS issue.

9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like the security certificate is valid, try using this... https://www.925-1000.com/
    Sometimes depending on your software they do not recognize just a WWW. address.

Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

You could try downloading Chrome or Firefox and use them, I use Chrome these days. I'm on Sierra, 10.12.6, getting long in the tooth also ;)

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Silver

Silver Active Member

Oh dear! My service provider's help desk is hopeless.

Fortunately so far it is only this site that is a problem.

Bronwen likes this.
  12. Silver

Silver Active Member

This sounds interesting. Perhaps I should raise the issue with the website (I can access it from my iPad).

13. Silver

Silver Active Member

Perhaps I should look into that. Not sure if I can load them though.

Bronwen likes this.
  14. Bronwen

Then, to borrow a phrase, it is them, not you, & not your ISP.

Silver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted