Acoma Pueblo Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kasperscuriosities, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

So I found this little pot in the back of a trailer. I posted a picture of it in another thread but thought it deserved a thread of it's own in the proper category. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the artist listed anywhere yet but it does seem to be a beautiful piece. I have found a lot of other ones online but the prices are all over the place. This was going to go in an estate auction but we are pulling it and will probably sell it in an online auction instead.

2. Kasperscuriosities

Oppps! Here the pics rps20150612_093529.jpg rps20150612_093714.jpg rps20150612_093639.jpg rps20150612_093747.jpg

Bev aka thelmasstuff and Pat P like this.
  3. Kasperscuriosities

Maybe this should have been under tribal art. Oh well. I tried to get it right. LOL!

4. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

This is a seed pot, great detail to the painted pot.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Tried to find this potter to no avail. Unusual not to find at least another example by a particular artist if not an identification. This leads me to believe that the potter is of no particular importance. However, all Acoma pots have value.

6. Kasperscuriosities

We did speak with some experts on this type of pottery he said the Diaz family was from Santa Clara but that their pieces were usually black. He did say some of them married into other tribes. He didn't believe this piece was particularly old or rare. Unfortunately, it isn't worth much the value is more in how much it is liked. After hearing this news we have decided to sell it in the live auction. It was a fun mystery though and maybe it will bring a decent price in the live auction. I will update this post after the auction. Thanks for your research as well.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted