Acrylic on canvas, horses at stream drinking water

Discussion in 'Art' started by billyd3us, May 21, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

This painting is signed WM Turner. There are a few Artist with the name Turner but who could this artist be with the logo after the name ?

Anybody have any ideas ?

Thank You 003.JPG Signature Turner.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Billyd3us, I have no idea as to who the artist is/was beyond "William Turner" in some year ending in the number "87." A "Wm" is (usually) an accepted form of the name "William" (at least in the USA).

I really like his (to me at least) "playful" "monogram(?)" after the word "Turner."
    It looks like a baby crying (to me at least) but it has the "W" in it as well as the "T" and then there is an added bonus of a small "o" at the top as the "head."

Then again perhaps that is an "anchor" of some sort and not a "playful" monogram at all. :confused: :rolleyes:

komokwa likes this.
  3. billyd3us

Thank You for checking it out and giving me some insight. Man oh man, I still have a room full of paintings I have no idea who they are, I just hope I don't die before I find out.

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Can you post of photograph of the back? Is the canvas color on the back light or dark? Also, if you can post of close up of the weave of the canvas. That will help dating it.

5. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

It is dated ‘87. Fair bet that is 1987 and not 1887.

6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

It probably is, however, I've learned the hard way, never assume.

7. billyd3us

It's for sure 1987, stapled canvas.

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted