Featured Adorable Cat looking down

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KEVIN AIREY, Sep 25, 2020.

1. KEVIN AIREY

KEVIN AIREY Well-Known Member

Some things you just want to keep.

But would anyone know who may have manufactured the cat here?

Thanks

upload_2020-9-25_13-38-17.png

upload_2020-9-25_13-38-35.png

upload_2020-9-25_13-38-56.png

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I have a similar one somewhere, papier maché, but a different design. No maker, but I bought mine in the early 1980s.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1980s, and they came with different "fabric" prints on pottery. I cannot for the life of me recall who made the things.

DragonflyWink and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

We had the same fabric print shelf sitter kitties here too. There were herds of them back in the 1980s at places like Waccamaw and The Pottery that dealt in high volume imports. Don't recall ever seeing a maker on them.

DragonflyWink and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

There was a British company did them, I've three with a different fabric print. Bother. It's something to do with Hornsea, too. Name has the word rose in it.

ARGGGG!!!!

KEVIN AIREY likes this.
  6. KEVIN AIREY

KEVIN AIREY Well-Known Member

Brill - Dig it out, I love the little thing.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks familiar, if only because I've had "up" cats who liked sitting on high perches and looking for self-propelled toys.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not quite like yours as mine is naked terra cotta but is from about the 1980s. This is from yesterday staring into the garden pond with his frog friend. I did wonder if these were sometimes covered in fabric as craft projects so popular at the time.
    img20200925_181138.jpg

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi S_I_S_,
    I have the same cat looking down from my bookcases in the PC room.:p:p
    greg

say_it_slowly likes this.
  10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Well they were pretty popular I guess:). Mine lived inside at one time but has been outside for years. I marvel at his clean condition as he's always been on his own to tidy up:D.

bercrystal likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Funnily enough, I saw some piggies hanging down like this today. I still can't remember the damn maker.

bercrystal likes this.
  12. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Those 'decoupage' cats, and less often, other critters, some fabric-covered, some paper, were all over in the '80s - commercially made as well as home-crafted, most department stores and craft shows had them. Not really my taste, so the kitty I was given (pretty sure it was plaster) made its way to a garage sale as soon as it seemed the giver wouldn't be offended...

~Cheryl

https://www.google.com/search?q=dec...rBPwQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1536&bih=754&dpr=1.25

Draft saved Draft deleted