Aesthetic Movement Occasional Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Nathan Lindop, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Can anyone find a chair similar to this. I found it on ebay for pickup near me. I like it but want to see if there's anything similar online anyway or even for sale? Screenshot_20181112-214026.jpg Screenshot_20181112-214034.jpg Screenshot_20181112-214043.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Nathan Lindop

I've said aesthetic movement but there's definitely some wriggle room xD the seller said arts and crafts

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

It looks more Art Deco to me.

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I don't see anything "aesthetic movement" in or on that chair.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Does it look old in person? I have the nagging feeling I've seen something like it in the last 30 years or so. (Maybe it's just the fabric)

James Conrad and i need help like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hey Nathan you need to charge your phone:D

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not aesthetic.... maybe secessionist describes it best. Fabric is a popular common one from the late 80s-90s. Likely reupholstered then. There are much more modern chairs similar in construction but without the wings so I do think this has some age to it.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Upholstery muddies (period) waters. Needs something like this. And nail heads rather than passementerie.

Debora

Koloman Moser Fabric .jpg

9. Nathan Lindop

Tell me about, phones don't last too long nowadays then again they've never been good enough at the time.

It was the darkness making me go aesthetic but yeh art deco is closer. Need to learn a but more about aesthetic. The seller thinks it may have been reupholstered

10. Nathan Lindop

I bet they would have kept the passementerie if reupholstered so yeh, too suspicious a chair

Draft saved Draft deleted