Age of hair locket and bone pendant

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Apr 21, 2020.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Sadly the hair locket is missing one side but would I be right in thinking it's late 19thC?
    Presuming the other one is bone?. I can't identify the flower but would this be a similar date?. Both British?. Both are around 2 inches tall. No marks to be found.
    Thanks for looking :)
    FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_5714.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_5716.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Any Jewelry and BMRT like this.
  2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I am just going to say that I am glad they were not the same item...when I read hair and bone, I was thinking that went a little too far...BWDIK!;)

KSW likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

My gut instinct is Continental on the bone piece. Maybe Germany/Austria somewhere? It feels straight out of the Alps. The hair locket...British would be my guess too. Beyond that, no idea.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Fob, rather than a locket. Bright cut, so I'd think mid to late 19th. I agree on the other, it looks Swiss or Austrian to me. Long dead edelweiss.

Houseful, KSW, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like standard acanthus engraving,not seeing bright cut.

KSW, Christmasjoy and bobsyouruncle like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think Swiss for the bone pendant. And agree late 19th for the other pendant, that is when these watch like lockets were fashionable. They were often worn like women's watches, on long watch/guard chains. Sometimes even on short watch chains.

PortableTreasures and Houseful like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted