Featured Alfred Philippe Dachshund Pin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Josh, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Recently acquired Dachshund pin, thermoset with rhinestones. I have found 2 other examples online, both attributed to Alfred Philippe. Does anyone know if this was a design for Trifari? No markings on the pin.

Both examples I found were sold, one on Etsy and the other I found on Worthpoint.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-philippe-dachshund-dog-blue-539646621

I have been trying to sign up for a Worthpoint account this morning (3 times) but it just sits there and then cancels my attempt. Was wondering if anyone might have a Worthpoint account to see what this was sold for. Just don't want to overprice or underprice this. Thanks for any help.

DSCF2870 - Copy.JPG DSCF2871 - Copy.JPG DSCF2872 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2870 - Copy.JPG DSCF2871 - Copy.JPG DSCF2872 - Copy.JPG DSCF2873 - Copy.JPG

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. flipper

What!? I have my own resource site? I must have completely forgotten!

Thank you, INH...it sold for $25

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does something seem odd?

That pin back is no where near the quality I would expect from Trifari and the texture on the back makes me think it is a recent piece. Maybe they pulled Philippe’s name out to try and give a vintage air to a new piece?

Or, I can be completely off the mark :woot:

6. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the relpies.

flipper, i had found that one also and now thanks to i ned help i now have a site to find prices for Etsy sold items

Marie Forjan, not sure if it is older or something produced more recently using Philippe name. The Worthpoint link in my op has the pin with the original box.

7. flipper

8. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks flipper

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Alfred Philippe joined Trifari in 1930 as head designer. Is there a Trifari logo on the pin anywhere? If not then I think someone just took his name as their company name hoping to capitalize on it.

scoutshouse and Sandra like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It's kind of cute but maybe they needed to rethink the savage red eyes?!.

scoutshouse likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!! I LOVE Dachshunds, but that pupper is just a 'tad' too 'gaudy' for my blood, but then to each his own!! I'm sure I have stuff others wouldn't take/wear to a funeral!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

scoutshouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted