Featured Also from sale, pearl/pink rhinestone bracelet unsigned

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

From the recent sale. Any ideas about this one? Maker, etc.?

Also, looking at the last photo, it seems like there is extra chain on the edge. I don't think anything is missing. The piece looks unworn, no wear to the pearl beads, etc. But maybe a bit stretched? Or maybe just extra chain so it doesn't bunch up? Measures 7 1/2 inches which is a pretty standard size, so hopefully not stretched, but what do you think?

pearl1.jpg pearl1b.jpg pearl3.jpg pearl8.jpg

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

If you are referring to that lone link near the clasp, I would think that there is a missing safety chain.

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Maybe didn't describe well. (But you bring up a good other point...)

These columns of pearls and rhinestones are all held together with 5 chains that extend the length of the bracelet. It just seems like there is a little more chain than is needed. I might be over-thinking this.

4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I think those extra links are probably just to size it, though another row of pearls would probably fit in there (is that what you are referring to?). Note that the other end has a pearl at the end of each row keeping the stones from angling off. . Its always possible that one pearl was damaged and the others removed to balance things.

Lucille.b likes this.
  5. Lucille.b

When photographing it seemed like it had too much chain, and I wondered if it was stretched out the way necklaces sometimes do. However I just tried it on and the chain averaged out in a way that I now think was intended. When on the wrist you don't see extra chain, so maybe just extra length to allow it to go around the bend without bunching up?

Thanks for taking a look.

6. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I like this bracelet. It is unique. Wish I could add a possible maker, but can't say I've seen a bracelet quite like it before.

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted