Always Nice To See Items Comparable To Ones You Own Sell For More On The Bay

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Hello Folks,

Actually I've seen seen these sell in the $350 range before but I am not complaining any time one sells for a decently strong price that gives me some "equity" in my example I hold in my hoard.

Do you feel similar feelings of accomplishment when you see items similar to ones you own sell for more money in today's marketplace?

ebay stand pat teddy roosevelt.jpg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

To be honest, I never actually noticed what ‘you’ were holding in your avatar other than a hand of cards!!! Now that I see it’s a campaign pin, I think it’s AWESOME COOL!!!!!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

I agree.

I'm not a button guy, but I do appreciate the value of better items like your TR pin back, and if I found one, I would flip it and be happy with what the current market brings.

For me, any selling of objects strictly funds my collecting interests. So, when items I've bought at retail, decrease in value, I remind myself of the "finds" that paid off.

For example, I had a passion for buying Maxfield Parrish prints in the 1980s and 90s. They hang on my walls and I enjoy them daily. I think if you really enjoy the pleasure objects provide, then that becomes its value. Value fluctuates, and I plan to die with them, so its monetary worth is the next owner's concern.

That being said, mistakes hurt more. Hopefully those are few and very far between. ;)

James.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    antidiem, Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted