Featured Amazing heavy diamond 10k pendant!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by spartcom5, Jan 25, 2019.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

When I saw this I thought to myself there was no way it was gold. I asked to look at it in the case at one of my antique malls. The tag was marked sterling and rhinestones $35. However, I knew it looked like something more, sure enough blended in is the mark 10k and the stones are diamonds. It weighs a tad more that 20 grams!! It is a gaudy pendant and is very very cool. I am going to have it professionally cleaned as the gunk is caked on some of the diamonds. There are no missing diamonds. Seems custom made? Anyhow it is crazy!
    20190125_180746_resized.jpg 20190125_180818_resized.jpg 20190125_180842_resized.jpg 20190125_173853_resized.jpg

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Does it have a maker's mark? Not sure what to say.... the design is ok, but whoever put together would probably have a hard time getting a"C" for it at a college,etc.

3. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

No makers mark but yes I am somewhat speechless about it as well lol i cant wait to see it cleaned up. I'd do it myself but I'm worried I'd lose a diamond or something. I'll leave it to the pros

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, you scored on that one! I love seeing your posts, you find some very cool pieces:)

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous!

judy and kyratango like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

For that kind of money? Yowza!

Aquitaine, reader, judy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Good buy, spart. I would have thought costume as well, but probably would have taken another look just to be sure, like you.
    Gaudy bling probably means it is 1980s, when all taste went out the window. Fun though, you don't always want taste, do you.
    Anthem of the 80s:playful: :

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Makes me want to start wearing a cross again. It is beautiful!!!!!!
    greg

judy likes this.
  9. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

What a find! The only people I can think of who could pull off wearing that, are Elizabeth II and Iman -- but what the hay!

Kimbert and judy like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Freddie could have, and would have. Aretha too. I'd have tried.(LOL) Bugs Bunny too - it has lots of carats and karats.

Kimbert, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Crazy Beautifulllll!!!!!!

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted