Featured Amber Beads on Knotted Strand with Tassel

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marie Forjan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi all, because I am stick inside - and nothing much is going on here - I was going through things in my "hold for help" hoard. I have this knotted strand with tassels and amber beads and I don't know what it is. I posted it in 2016, I think, on the ebay jewelry board. I don't think I asked here so I thought I would try now. My apologies if I had posted it here already.

It was suggested it could be some kind of traditional Chinese wedding ornament for a bride? I have never found another like this one so I just don't know.

It measures a total of 7', 2" long, each tassel is about 7" long, the beads range from about 1" to 5/8".

I originally was going to cut it apart and string the beads into a necklace but I haven't yet. I would really like to find out what it is before I take it apart. Any help you can give would be very gratefully received :)

AmberTieback.jpg AmberTiebackBead1.jpg AmberTiebackBead2.jpg AmberTiebackWoven.jpg

ulilwitch, KikoBlueEyes and KSW like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Glad it’s not just me who can’t remember what I’ve posted!

3. Marie Forjan

Oh yea! I also found 2 coral necklaces in my "to be restrung" pile, one red and one angel skin. I am going to be busy this winter :)

ulilwitch and KSW like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

One of the bonuses of having a shocking memory these days is that every trip through my hoard is like a new adventure. ‘Ooh, didn’t know I had that, wonder who made that, what are those made of?’. Probably not so exciting for those who have deja-vu looking at my posts :rolleyes:

ulilwitch likes this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

6. Marie Forjan

Draft saved Draft deleted