Featured Amber cut to clear faceted crystal covered vanity jar - age? maker? origin?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The only mark of any kind is an engraved S.B. Lodge 1828 on the bottom. The mark is engraved into the bottom of the jar, but is written so that the user of the jar can read it correctly. :confused::confused:

It does show a good deal of shelf wear on the bottom, but is 1828 a year or possibly a number assigned to the shape of the jar? :confused::confused:

S.B. Lodge looks like a name, but was this possibly a presentation piece or is that the name of the maker? :confused::confused:

It is 3 1/8" to the top of the lid & is 4 3/8" across the bottom of the jar.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all opinions or advice!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

quirkygirl, Pat P, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

judy and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

If it's a Lodge, then the number ought to be its number.

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice glass......good find !!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Yup, that's the one I found. It would make perfect sense, hm? I do think the jar itself is European made, with that 1. Lodges have a thing for giving the Ladies small gifts, maybe it was that.

9. Ownedbybear

I bet the pot is Egermann.

Christmasjoy, i need help and SBSVC like this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

One of the Forum posters in Sweden suggested
    Steinschönau.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and SBSVC like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

That's a possibility, it's equally Bohemian.

12. bercrystal

I had not seen that one. Thank you for posting the link!! :kiss::kiss:

I went through & translated the posts & there was never a conclusion reached. They thought it was Bohemian which would cover quite a few areas.

INH is correct about them mentioning Steinschönau. I did do a Google search but didn't really see anything like this piece.

That would definitely explain there possibly being at least 2 of these pieces & would eliminate the possibility of it being a presentation piece for a single individual.

13. bercrystal

I am going to try to contact the Shepherds Bush Lodge to see if they can possibly give any information on this piece.

I will post any information they may give me.

Draft saved Draft deleted