Featured Amber Glass - Parading Ducks Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 19, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone - I am trying to find out anything about the bowl below. It measures 6 3/4" across and 4 1/4" tall and is very heavy. The color is a bit more golden than the images show. Google image search was of no help. Any info regarding the who, what, when, where would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20211019_121723562.jpg IMG_20211019_121735414.jpg IMG_20211019_121743714.jpg IMG_20211019_121812669.jpg

lovewrens, judy, Rayo56 and 6 others like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Wow, but I have never seen this bowl before!
    @Rayo56 , come check this out! :)

judy, Rayo56, LauraGarnet02 and 4 others like this.
  3. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Looks like something Viking Glass would do

judy, antidiem, LauraGarnet02 and 4 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like something Rayo would need !!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry:

NewEngland, Aquitaine, judy and 6 others like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

6. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've seen a circle of geese (or ducks) bowl made of glass. There are plenty made of pottery and porcelain that I've seen over the years, but never glass. Wow!
    5bdb96699814a46a6bfd395d25e268cf.jpg
    The one pictured above is a hobby mold, but some were made of fine porcelain that I've seen in the past. The first one I ever saw was a Wiener Werkstatte(sp?) folky version on eBay and it went for big bucks.

NewEngland, dgbjwc, judy and 5 others like this.
  7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Very cool - never saw anything like that!!!!!

NewEngland, dgbjwc, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  8. antidiem

I'm thinking it must be modern glass from China?
    I mean, NOBODY's ever seen this in glass before! ;)

dgbjwc and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. *crs*

@dgbjwc , I grabbed your pics and info and shared them to 2 glass groups on FB to see if they know anything. Fingers crossed

11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you *crs*! I appreciate your help very much. I actually saw your post on the Vintage Glass page and thought "Oh look, someone has a bowl that looks just like mine" before the light bulb came on! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Don

12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your help! I can date these back to only about the mid 1990's. It was in a box of my mother-in-law's possessions. After she died it was brought back, put upstairs, and forgotten.

13. *crs*

Ruh roh :bag::bag: My apologies. I didn't realize you were in that group. Are you in the other one also? Vintage Glass Identification? They are both my go to groups first then I come here if no answer.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    antidiem and bercrystal like this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The ceramic ones were called ring of geese. I tried that term with glass, but no luck. Maybe someone else will find it with those key words?

15. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have many times gone to Google something & come upon an image like the one I am researching. The only problem is it is the photo from this forum that a bot has already discovered & is on Google within sometimes minutes of being posted here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ;):hilarious::hilarious:

16. *crs*

Yep, I say "hey!, that's my photo":)

antidiem, i need help and bercrystal like this.
  17. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've sung that tune more than once. (rolleyes) Usually I post after looking and finding zilch, but sometimes I look after too ... and still find zilch other than my own post.

antidiem and *crs* like this.
  18. antidiem

:hilarious::hilarious: LOL

I think the green glass dolphins are - a modern day China import.

If Don's is a 1990s imported decorative piece, I want to say how nicely done it is, by comparison to much of what I've seen come out of China. :singing:

pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  19. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

No need to apologize, on the contrary. I'm actually the reverse - I like to ask here first just because I feel much more of a connection with the folks here. They've helped me through some very difficult times. I won't ever forget that. And, yes, I follow both glass groups plus a bunch of pottery and china groups, the EAPG group, RS Prussia, Limoges and some miscellaneous others. By far, though, this is my favorite site.:happy:

20. *crs*

We are probably in a lot of the same groups.
    I love this site also. A few I've known via the old eBay PGP discussion group and I least one I've met in person :happy:

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted