Amber Glazed Pottery Creamer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2940.JPG IMG_2941.JPG IMG_2942.JPG French maybe? Or studio piece?

Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Reproduction of 18th C Staffordshire slip glazed with dot decoration. Since you're in VA it's possible it's a Williamsburg reproduction or intended to be. Actual Williamsburg pieces would likely have their mark.

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2949.JPG Thanks. I would not have figured that out.
    Mine does not show the proper age signs for being old so I guess a repro. Williamsburg or maybe British studio or someone else.
    By the way, what are the outlines surrounding the iron slip dots? I found them on some authentic pieces as well as on mine.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not a clue about the outlines. I wonder if it's just a chemical reaction between the glazes or something.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Or just the outlines of where they originally wanted the dots to go when making it????

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted