Featured Amber or...? (and other finds)

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Barn Owl, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Sorry for the multiple threads. Here are a few other pieces I came across lately. I bought the stretch bracelet for 3 euros, so I figure there's a good chance it isn't amber. The jade (?) brooch is marked 925 on the clasp. It doesn't have any of those filaments I've heard are in jade; the stone is nearly translucent. The anchor medal is enameled with a pronged back; not really sure what sort of pin it's supposed to be.
    20190217_135256(1).jpg 20190217_134958.jpg 20190217_134933-1.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Any chance we could see the back of #2? I'm terrible with jade, but sometimes just seeing the quality of the pin back can help in assessing the quality of something.

No idea about #1, some kind of post pin as you said, likely military.

As you suggested, the stretch bracelet is probably not amber. From my experience these stretch pieces with the 4 holes per bead style are newer, Chinese using mass produced materials. I do like the look of the beads though -- sort of reminiscent of older plastics. Very wearable in any case. :happy:

3. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

The stone is attached with wires and possibly glue m i have a feeling the pin back may not be original to the piece.
    20190217_135018-1.jpg

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The pin appears to be jade. Maybe something taken from a jewel or trinket box and turned into a pin.
    What are the figures - Child? Lion? I can't really make it out.

The bracelet is new from China, could be reconstituted amber, but often are plastic.

judy likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Kind of looks, to me like a lion and a fox, but it was hard to make the features stand out more.......LOVE IT!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

F8311385-5151-4951-BEE9-00D78BA79E73.jpeg

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted