Featured American Brilliant or Bohemian Cut Glass? Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Hello All!

Hope everyone is having an amazing New Year. I came across the most spectacular decanter and I was told it’s American Brilliant but I bought it knowing it could possibly and most likely be Bohemian cut glass. I still want someone to help me identify it, maybe a maker? It’s an intricate and beautiful piece, I just love it and want to know more about it!
    4D08802F-A35C-4243-B046-A29BAAAB36A7.jpeg 3BE4F2B8-9DE8-4828-90E7-F3FBF0F2C122.jpeg 9725A40E-0E57-4595-B518-7C47EBA3895F.jpeg FAC46208-0407-4804-B60B-03BF575FF555.jpeg

dude, pearlsnblume, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How sharp would you say the edges are?

dude, KSW, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mayra Acosta

Not terribly sharp… but not smooth.

dude, pearlsnblume, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

They should be pretty sharp.

dude, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  5. Mayra Acosta

It’s sharp, not smooth.

dude, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  6. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

It's very difficult to tell from photos. I see some areas that look too uniform to be hand-cut. My guess would be a press molded blank with possibly some wheel-cut embellishments, American. If the angles are quite irregular and have sharp edges, they are added by hand. Also, look for mold marks, although those can be fire-polished out in higher-end pieces.

7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

there appears to be a #8 on bottom of decanter..is there an 8 on stopper...?
    Your piece seems very intricate and could be ABCG..but really hard to tell from pics...only motif that bothers me are the star---they seem grey.

dude likes this.
  8. Mayra Acosta

No There is no number on the stopper and I think the gray color comes from the lighting when I see it in person it doesn’t seem discolored

dude likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted