Amethyst Crystal Chinese Bird

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by F&C, Mar 8, 2021.

1. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

I wondered if anyone knew anything about this small crystal bird, there is a very similar one appearing on google images $_57 (32).jpg $_57 (31).jpg $_57 (33).jpg $_57.jpg

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

That's the same one I saw, any idea of age? Doesn't look like it was made to fit the base and im not that familiar with icollector

4. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

Im wondering if its actually the same one, I didn't buy it off icollector but it does has some of the veining in the same places and the scar on the side of the head. that's was unsold about 15 years ago and i got it last year

5. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

im convinced its the same one looking at it

6. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

there are similar rock crystal ones all described as chinese, some of the carving on the base looks like it could be in chinese style aswell

7. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

the damage on it has a kind of ancient look, could it be a Chinese bird species?

8. Caro Tinley

Caro Tinley Member

My thought is that it has the shape of a chinese quail?

9. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

It could be but im not sure it's even from China I think it was faked on the icollector website. Looks like a robin to me, any idea of value?

Draft saved Draft deleted