An ALL NEW "sniffing game"

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jan 25, 2020.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I thought I would try a new version of the sniffing game. This one is going to put your skills to the test. I think perhaps I've made the game easier than it really is. See I usually show you photos of the item I found, without letting you see "the noise" surrounding it. So this time, I want to try to show you how it begins. And even this doesn't really describe the scope and size of my searches, it will give you a taste of the experience of sniffing out potential vs pass.

Here's what I'd like you to try. Take a look at the photos below. I'd like you to try to pick your top 5 items of the 24 listed that you would ask about. Let's see if we can eliminate some of the options together and whittle down our search a bit further. Once some folks give their recommendations, we will move to round two with some additional photos. Good luck finding treasure!! And if you are REALLY experienced, please just put your numbers for now, try not to spoil it if you are very good.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

With just a minutes glance: 2 5 6 11 17 and bonus number 15.

3. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Kronos,

Ask and you shall receive. Here's more photos of the ones you asked for (11):

1.jpg 2.jpg

4. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

And here is 6

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

6. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

And 5 (only one photo):

1.jpg

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd like a look at 17, at number 5 just because there's so much in there, and since 2 has already given itself away I won't bother with that.

MrNate likes this.
  8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Great job for those that took a guess. As evelyb30 and DragonFlyWink figured out, picture #2 is where I think the goodies are at. I will know for sure in a couple days when the package arrives, but I paid $40 and I think I'm seeing a nice french minerva mark on the fork, so that should be 15 silver pieces. That leaves 12 more mystery pieces that i'll check out when the package arrives. For this one, I didn't ask for anymore information; buy what I see and take the small risk, and avoid risking anything that gives the seller a second thought on the price offered. I'll definitely update the post once they arrive.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

And you can tell I was somewhere past tired, because I didn't notice the stuff in 5 that I couldn't quite see in the mini pic was in full view further down. I still want that Snoopy spoon though.(LOL) The plastic handles and Wal-mart stainless they can keep.

MrNate likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted