An hour at Goodwill....help with 2 vintage items, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, May 13, 2021.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Good Evening!

This morning I decided to hit our Goodwill after quite a few months of staying away. Random hunting....It was unusual to find so many things in such great condition. I only bring home things that are useful to me and that are in very good to great condition. Anyway....this is load 1 of 2 from my car. I need help with 2 items in the photos if anyone recognizes them. I have looked found through searches, or otherwise know what these are except for:

1) the tropical floral pitcher (multiple searches with no luck)
    2) the ribbed glass mixing bowl (zero clue where to start)

I haven't dove into the Corning Ware Cornflower Blue, but highly doubt they are the really good ones. Fantastic condition, nontheless.

Thanks!

Just a side note..I think this is a very good time to hit up your local Goodwill. With the labor market as it is, and the fact the housing market is enticing some people to sell, my GW stores (medium to larger metro size) just don't have the staff to sort, evaluate, etc. the donated goods. Two gals hauled quite a few large bins to the sales area just while I was there. Happy hunting, if you are so inclined.

GW 1.jpg

GW 2.jpg

GW 3.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I wonder if the clear glass bowl was sold with a mixer. Any markings on either item?

Here the thrift shops are not getting any donations really so it is slim pickings. Good to hear that somewhere the shops have treasures.

The corningware blue ones have some value if they are clean inside and not chipped. I find those sell the best around the holidays. I think the big one may be called a skillet size.

judy and Grateful like this.
  3. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it is a stand mixer bowl. No markings on either item.

The Corning Ware is crazy MINT condition. Not even a slight utensil mark. Looks like off-the-shelf retail! Actually, just about everything I bought today was in exceptional condition. Rare day for sure!

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted