An old Cooktop, mint condition.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Saphyre, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Saphyre

Saphyre New Member

So a friend asked me to post this for him, he is curious about the value of this cooktop. I found an advertisement for it online. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's a lovely piece of metal work, but as for values , this is more of a learning and discussion site , unless someone cares to venture an opinion.

If you can find recent sales of a similar item, that would help to determine a cost range.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Old stoves are really worth what you can get someone to pay for them. Values are all over the place and dependent on desirability of model, location, whether or not you need to sell or can wait for a buyer, selling retail or wholesale, etc. I have seen some big old ornate stoves sell for under $100.00 at auction because no one wanted to haul them. Those exact same stoves might go for over $1000.00 in the right venue once fixed up. This is not particularly ornate and has no oven so some might not find it very desirable. That said, someone should want this if the price is right.

The closest I could find to this is this three burner with a small oven under it. It sold for $200.00 but had been passed on without bids at two previous auctions.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/26186001_antique-1920s-3-burner-detroit-jewel-gas-stove

4. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

You know I could see someone using something like this in a cabin or other vacation type house. Maybe even a hunting lodge or something. Pretty neat.

5. starsbarking

starsbarking Member

This would be great in an outdoor kitchen for canning up garden produce, or for a fiber artist who uses dye pots on a stove.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

How much would they be willing to pay for it though.......& where would you find folks like those ?

7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I knew a collector who used a cooker such as this as a sideboard in her dining room. Not my taste. but it worked for her.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's cute. A sideboard would be a good use; it would have to be worked over and repaired to be put back into service. To be used as furniture all it would need is a wipe-down. It would make a good store display too. It's worth what you can get someone to pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted