Featured An other Illustrious Stranger Master..??? Maybe from the Fauvism Movement Period..??

Discussion in 'Art' started by BTZ64, Jan 25, 2022.

?

Artistic influence..??

1. Fauvism..?? Signature unreadeable..???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Approx period of painting ?? 1920..1940..Later..??

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi to all again,
    After your so professional investigation on my previous "German Expressionism Horses Style painting", here is the second one after cleaning and sort of restoring that I am going to wait for your precious comments and advices.....
    This Painting measures 55 x 46 cm ,done on a quite old very thin canvas and nailed on wooden chassis....
    It has been a surprise to discover some bright painting colours appearing after cleaning..(Hope we didn't do too much...)...The scene represents a bizarre scene with trees and building..?? It does look signed ..At the left bottom ..Something like M A L ??? Or on the right bottom as a Z Z M.???
    There is as well some letters or inscriptions behind..Very difficult to read...Maybe you can read it better than me...??
    Pour la petite histoire..(Annecdote)..My old Family had been quite friend long time ago..With Maurice de Vlaminck himself and his 2 step daughters..Living in the Perche region....Very young I do remember having been surrounded by Masterpieces of the Master and his Painting ustenciles and stuff in his old Attelier...
    Well,for sure this is not a Vlaminck..But My old father and I are thinking that it is not a bad painting inspired by Fauvism Movement...???
    Thanking you as usual to share with us your Thinkings...JJB P1070133.JPG P1070134.JPG P1070135.JPG P1070136.JPG P1070138.JPG P1070139.JPG P1070141.JPG P1070146.JPG P1070145.JPG P1070142.JPG P1070141.JPG

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Looks like the sig is on front and back:

2sigs.jpg

Houseful and BTZ64 like this.
  3. sabre123

BTZ64 likes this.
  4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I was thinking that the name would have been more on the left of the painting with M A L..?? those letters are as well on the back first...Have tried to read more with Terpantine without succes...Thanks anyway of your response

5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

What would you read on top of "PELSS"...Some name starting with letter M..??? Thanking you for your response.jjb

6. sabre123

You could very well be right with the left side of the painting having the signature. I'm having trouble with reading that.

I am not sure what is above the PELSS. A "B" maybe? They're both pretty well camouflaged with the artwork!

BTZ64 likes this.
  7. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

You are absolutely right...Pitty we can see and read more....Maybe someone will have a better idea or knowledge about those signs..??? But Big Merci 2U Anyway....!!!!

sabre123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted