Featured An unusual milk-glass lamp... HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ritzyvintage, Jan 26, 2021.

1. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

I have this delightful milk-glass lamp that I'd like to know more about. I'm of the mind it was produced in USA due to its electrical fixtures & fittings. It would sure be nice to know its date or age of manufacture, and also if a low-wattage light-bulb replacement can be bought, as it's not an English standard bulb.

The glass is fixed to the metal base and it doesn't remove. The total height of the lamp is 9" and it is definitely glass, not ceramic.
    upload_2021-1-26_19-34-33.png

upload_2021-1-26_19-35-7.png

upload_2021-1-26_19-35-36.png

upload_2021-1-26_19-36-8.png

upload_2021-1-26_19-36-33.png

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. ritzyvintage

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Google, it will live forever in the bowels of some obscure database.

KikoBlueEyes and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. ritzyvintage

I wish it would work in my favour at times. I lost countless photos from my Ruby Lane shop, when my old computer crashed 15 or so years ago :( I've managed to locate one or two Pinterest, but less than a handful from say 1000+ irreplaceable pics.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Where does it say Laboratoire? Because that means Laboratory in French seems like something should follow. And how do you know the pattern is Issue Nombre? If this language is found on your lamp, would you please post close-up photographs?

Debora

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

looks like a 'marriage' as the bust/head doesn't really fit well on the base. The base looks to be from an Aladdin lipstick holder night light; so it's likely that a standard low voltage bulb might work. Are you certain that the head is glass and not porcelain? Maybe searching for the head figure alone might help.

examples of the Aladdin night light; note that several of these show the UL sticker...
    lipstick holder night light aladdin - page 1 | WorthPoint

also google: Aladdin giftware

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the Laboratoire is part of Underwriters Laboratory? Are they international? And the Issue Nombre standing for the English "Model Number" or something like that?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

D*** you're good, TallCakes. I was pondering that 1960s tole base and you nailed it. It's a marriage.

Debora

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 4.45.28 PM.png

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Old UL sticker (off a lava lamp, of all things.) Note No. Issue.

Debora

zmAVyheyUA2MUFe8-B6w-w-smallh.jpg

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Well, look at that sticker!

Debora likes this.
  13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not being a lamp component also moves the possible date of the head back from early 20th century to late 19th.

Debora

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted