Andrea Pfister Vintage boots

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Tricia Harr, May 28, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

hello everyone, I picked up these sweet looking boots, Tag inside reads Andrea Pfister Made in Itay..
    I found something similar but has Neiman Marcus on it. has 37 stamped on bottom... these have some wear on them, but still look pretty good, would you Sell them on Ebay?
    2019-05-28-22-48-32.jpg 2019-05-28-22-48-44.jpg 2019-05-28-22-48-57.jpg 2019-05-28-22-49-17.jpg

scoutshouse and kyratango like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Pfister was one of the greats but for whatever reason, his legacy hasn’t particularly held for a younger generation. I think your boots are stunning but seem to have limited secondary market value which always surprised me since he was an amazing artist and one of the best colorists in the business.

Please don’t think that they’re worth anywhere near that 1st Dibs price or you’ll never sell them.

The pair you found that were similar were just private labeled for Neimans. His collection was always personalized for Neimans with their name too. That doesn’t add or detract. Know that in his boots a 37 is about a 6.5 US

I think boots are a tough sell this time of year and perhaps you should hold them until the fall. Yours would be terrific for holiday. You may want to clean them up a bit by using an extra fine sandpaper very lightly. Don’t rub too much or you’ll take off the nap but they’d do better with a little sprucing up.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

and remember...the likelyhood of them not fitting the buyer...and u getting them back.......is high!

scoutshouse, Tricia Harr and judy like this.
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Agree as unlike clothing, shoes have to fit which is why it would be best to list them as a fit 6.5. The US stores just drop the 3 on their conversions so that boot would have been inventoried as a 7 but they’d be small on most who wear a US 7. I think Tricia should play up the stagey angle and also put words like “costume” “theatrical” etc. in her listing. If they sell to someone doing wardrobe, fit would be less an issue.

scoutshouse, Tricia Harr and Houseful like this.
  6. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

ty, I pulled them off my listing. I'm going to hold on and get them to my local shoe repair and maybe have them cleaned up a little.. they are super cute.. they would fit me perfect if I didn't have calves like a linebacker lol..

judy, Fid and scoutshouse like this.
  7. reader

reader Well-Known Member

If you really want them you can either have the calves stretched depending on how much width you need or have a gusset put in which will give you a perfect fit.

judy and Tricia Harr like this.
  8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Very cool, @Tricia Harr

Those on 1stDibs are quite a bit taller and more dramatic...

The rounded toe and heel don't look dated,which can't be said for a lot of vintage shoes :)

judy and kyratango like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The dragon motif and small(er) size may make them appealing to the Asian market.

Debora

Fid and kyratango like this.
  10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Fid likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, I love these boots! Hope you can wear them, or that you find somebody who can.

13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

37 is a UK 4, which is smaller than a US 7. I'm a 4 1/2 UK, 37 1/2 to 38 European, but end up with a 7 1/2 in US shoes.

Figtree3 likes this.
  14. reader

reader Well-Known Member

And for those in the US a 37 is about a 6.5 medium although it would have been inventoried as a US 7.

pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted