Featured Another 14k Moonstone stickpin + unique clutch!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by spartcom5, Oct 6, 2017.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

Picked this up today for $35, it's 14k with a little moonstone. The clutch on this pin is extremely cool. I have never seen one like it! As always help with dating would be great! The clutch seems to be older than the pin? I'd date the pin probably 1940s and the clutch maybe early 1900s? Thoughts?
    20171006_174858_resized.jpg 20171006_174908_resized.jpg 20171006_174917_resized.jpg 20171006_174928_resized.jpg

Any Jewelry, judy, aaroncab and 3 others like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Is that just uck on the pin stem? The clutch is worth the price of admission; I've never seen another one like it either, and I thought I'd seen just about everything. Odds are it was expensive to make, so they didn't make many.

3. spartcom5

No, actually its interesting. You push the pin though and the ball thing pushes outward, then when you try to pull it off its stuck on the pin. To get it off you pull the ball out and it comes right off. Hard to explain in text but it can go on any stick pin

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. evelyb30

It looks cool, but I was referring to what looks like copper coming through on the shaft of the pin itself. It may just be gunk, but it's hard to tell from a photo.

judy likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Nice pin...but the clutch.....really GRABS my attention !! :playful::playful::happy::happy::hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  6. spartcom5

Haha good one! And yes there is some gunk residue on the stick part i havent cleaned off yet! Any idea on the age of either?

judy likes this.
  7. evelyb30

Not a clue, but I'm betting that clutch is pre-WWI.

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the spring loaded ones are generally early 1900...but I couldn't fins another like this.....yet...;):(

Draft saved Draft deleted