Another Art Glass Vase - Sort of Reminds me of Phoenix

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 29, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I've got another art glass vase that I could use some help with. This one is about 8 1/2" tall. It has a sort of shimmer to it. It reminds me a bit of a some early Phoenix production but the shape strikes me as English or Continental. The pattern reminds a bit of tree bark. I think the rust spots are permanent - nothing I've tried has removed them. Any help on the what, when, and/or where would be much appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to view this request. Don

IMG_20180529_114406156.jpg IMG_20180529_114418466.jpg IMG_20180529_114519659.jpg IMG_20180529_114541465.jpg

Figtree3 and aaroncab like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Try Mother of Pearl Satin Glass.

Usually the American companies were a diamond quilt pattern.
    The shape and design make me think Bohemian, but I could be wrong.

Going on memory not facts.

3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I was wondering about the thickness of the rim and it's form. Similar to the Mid Century Italian wares.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you both. I will explore Pearl Satin glass. The color would fit with Mid Century Italian. Will continue to research. Thank you for giving me these avenues to pursue. If I find more specific information I will post back.
    Don

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. Within a few seconds of opening the link I found out my vase is a
    reasonably common pattern called Moire or Watered Silk. Much appreciated!
    Don

Figtree3 and aaroncab like this.
  7. Brazos

Brazos Active Member

You may remove rust stains with a product called " Wink". Found in the laundry section of your favorite grocery. It is used to remove rust from cloth, but works well on glass. I would not use it on painted, or stained surfaces.

Dab it on with "Q-tip", for satin finishes. Do not rub hard, or the cotton will polish a shiny spot on frosted glass. I have never had any issues on glass, but as stated, do not use on external decoration.

Brazos

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted