another artist signature head scratcher! Thanks for your thoughts

Discussion in 'Art' started by tipet, Jun 5, 2021.

1. tipet

tipet New Member

I can't make out this signature. The oil painting is on Viktoria Maltuch canvas, from Munich, Germany. 1930's / 1950's
    This is an old painting that came in an abandoned warehouse sale I purchased. Any thoughts? I've tried t ross H rass t haas.. Smartify image app,,

IMG_20210605_141900_3 (1).jpg IMG_20210605_141746_8.jpg :bookworm:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Hess? It looks like one of those "starving artist" paintings. Probably a decorator piece.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

mountains
    house
    river
    forrest
    and a siggy scratched into the paint...

factory art...& even if u find another painting with that signature.....u will never find the artist.

enjoy it...over your couch..:yawn:

5. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

There must have been a factory in Germany that used Victoria Maltuch canvases, I run across German paintings often that look like they were painted in haste and signed with German sounding names. Always able to find them with a half hearted biography on back. If you search google for “Heinz Ross” paintings you see a few with the same signature.
    This one has one of those made up sounding biographies on back.
    https://picclick.com/H-Heinz-Ross-Original-Landscape-Oil-Painting-on-264940157370.html

reader, i need help and komokwa like this.
  6. tipet

tipet New Member

Anundverkaufen. You made my day! Yes, I read an article on treasurenet, the factory was bombed during WWII. I come across old large paintings like this and love to learn their background. I may have to try one more. Thank you so much !

anundverkaufen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted