Another beautiful piece of Italian ceramics

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Dec 20, 2018.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

this s a Large wonderful piece of Italian mid century modern art pottery ceramic. Decorated any rich purple glaze with pink cherry possums. Molded Italy mark on base. Wasn’t sure if Richard Ginori ever did something like this with the Japanese influence?

Attached Files:

judy and antidiem like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

@laura9797
    Can you please hit Edit, More Options, check first box (dislpay All Images Full Size), Save Changes. Thank you. :)
    Time sensitive, so next time you post check Full Image.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    judy and antidiem like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Welcome, Laura. Have to say,

I was seriously disappointed to find they are blossoms.

judy, aaroncab, antidiem and 4 others like this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

[​IMG]

SBSVC, dgbjwc, anundverkaufen and 3 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

That's what I was expecting.

SBSVC, dgbjwc, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  6. laura9797

hi and thank you for telling me about the edit option. I apologize for the typo! I was dictating to Siri and she obviously misunderstood me. I will admit that cherry possums would have been much more interesting then cherry blossoms! :p

Bronwen, SBSVC, i need help and 4 others like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It's a lovely vase. My experience with Ginori is you never know what type of pieces will pop up with his markings. The thing is they always seem to have one of his markings rather than just a generic Italy mark.
    Don

Bronwen likes this.
  8. laura9797

Yep. I was on a large auction database this afternoon and easily found some that were 'attributed' to Ginori that weren't signed. It would likely be a reach for me to do that with this vase. I just feel there was a Japanese influence on this piece but am running into a wall.

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted