Another of Moms Madonna and Child

Discussion in 'Art' started by MarcusE, Mar 27, 2020.

1. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

madonnaa 22.jpg Sorry, this is all I have of this one. (for now)

kyratango likes this.
  2. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

3. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

4. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

5. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

mad 6.jpg My wife ask me to keep this one. :)

6. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

You mean another FIVE of mom's Madonna and Child. How do you want us to keep track of all of these? Perhaps, you should consider keeping them separate with different distinguishing features, so ALL of us can refer back to them and add to your knowledge base? Just a thought. :rolleyes:

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

They were so many items. My brother made a table of pieces (the give away table) he thought had no worth, because they were cracked or missing an item (cup without saucer). His give-away table was full of treasures. ( and I mean really old stuff) Giveaway table.jpg

8. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

I took a blue and white ceramic vase off the table. (probably that piece on the left) I asked "what's wrong with this?" He said it had a hotel name on it. "Rex Hotel" I googled it. If I remember right it was from Saigon early 1930's. I thought it was great. lol

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I can't see the piece, but hotel branded stuff can get pricey - Suggest you always try to sell something before you give it away!

10. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

I wanted to keep it all. LOL

yourturntoloveit and antidiem like this.
  11. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

rex hotel 2+.jpg This appears to be the Rex Hotel piece I rescued from the table. I found this in our China pics.

12. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I would put $45 on it and accept an offer of $35. @MarcusE
    Even $15 is better than no dollars.
    Craigslist could be good for some pieces too...

13. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

This piece I grabbed off the table while walking out the door, because I just liked it. It has cracks on the rim. It is Aqua.jpg in my kitchen now.

14. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

It may belong on the table I really like it. :) aqua2.jpg

15. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

We originally photographed 100s of china pieces. I think we intended to ebay them or craigslist. But there were so many. It may be a summer project for the kids. I worry about breakage during shipping. I may have to "local pickup only in Memphis area."

16. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Your wife has an eye for what is valuable in my opinion. Good taste at least. If I had to keep only one, that would be the one --- so I'm maybe biased! :happy::smuggrin::D

17. Robert Walker

Robert Walker Love to learn...

I don't think the 'icons' are of much worth. They are both versions of the same icon which goes by (variations on) the name: “The Tenderness Icon of the Mother of God”. The one above, looks painted, but- uhm, sorry - is very poorly done. The one below, is a reproduction. All icons are in a sense reproduction, but I mean it's not a 'real' icon in the strict sense of the word.

18. Robert Walker

Robert Walker Love to learn...

This would be my pick, also!

Draft saved Draft deleted