another pate sur pate, any idea on this mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Jun 13, 2020.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  3. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

indeed that appears to be the plastographic mark

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Bronwen

Isn't that the way of the universe? We could find few other Plasto pieces on the Internet when discussing my lidded jar/bowl, & here you come with another one. I'll put a link to this thread on the other one for future reference. Nice piece! :)

5. Bronwen

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    kyratango and i need help like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  7. Bronwen

I did. Porcelain Vase Manufacturer Search

They're lovely & the pros really wrestled them to the ground. Occasionally see cameos that appear to be pate sur pate, so the technique is of interest to me. I don't have space or funds to collect porcelain, but love it. The lidded jar with the Night motif was irresistible & small enough to fit in here.

I know I have some other pieces of pottery with mythological decoration seller described as 'sprigged'. Sadly, they are still boxed up for lack of space. I have this fantasy that I am going to completely rearrange the display cabinet, make shelf space for some larger things, but the prospect of trying to do this with the aid of my 2 furry helpers, not to mention the size of the task, have given me an excuse to procrastinate.

Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

I understand totally, as does just about everyone else on this forum. :happy::happy: :kiss:

BTW - Speaking of the furry companions, where did that beautiful jar end being placed so it would be out of "paws" way? ;) :playful::playful::playful:

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  9. Bronwen

On a table in the living room, well away from the edge. It's relatively heavy compared to other things around it, so there's a front line of defense. Fortunately the cats do not often go up there & have not knocked anything off. Yet. :)

kyratango, Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  10. bercrystal

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

Pierre Dupuis, La Vague:

[​IMG]

Plasto porcelain vase:

[​IMG]

Making it easy for the search engines, which got hold of it soon after it was posted.

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted