Another sterling bracelet with unknown stones

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Jeff Drum, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Here's another bracelet that I don't know the name of the stones for. The only yellow stones I can find are cat's eye and tiger eye, but these don't look quite like those to me?

Besides a really tiny obscure 925 mark (again I didn't find it until I was taking pics - they are on the loops of the clasp where it is attached to the bracelet - you can barely see one in the second picture), there is also another mark but I can't get anything out of, but maybe it is recognizable to someone who knows what they're doing?

P2040673.JPG P2040676.JPG P2040680.JPG P2040684.JPG P2060691.JPG P2060692.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Amber. Beautiful egg yolk amber, most likely Baltic. That rough cavity on the back of one of the stones is good, a sign that it is natural amber.
    My guess is Poland, no specific Polish marks, which means pretty recent. Polish silversmiths love the Art Nouveau style, which is why a lot of their jewellery looks older than it actually is. Always very nice quality.
    Don't know when they started using the 925 mark, maybe 1990s.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    reader, Gus Tuason, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Glad to have my immediate impression backed by AJ's expertise. Lovely bracelet.

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Jeff, you are on a roll!!!!!!

reader and judy like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

fine photo's Jeff.......finer bracelet !!!!
    I concur with AJ's amber findings.....& I'll add...NICE amber too !!!!!

Any Jewelry and reader like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm not as sure of the country where the silver was made, but that's egg yolk amber.

reader and kyratango like this.
  7. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

I agree with "any jewelry". Very nice piece. Note that there is very little wear on the links. That all the links are soldered shows that it is a serious piece and definitely a keeper.

Any Jewelry, reader and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted