Featured Another unusual necklace!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Apr 26, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I think this is quite unusual and has a certain charm. Broken ( as most of mine are!) and in need of restoration.
    I’m not sure of the age - like the last one I posted the bead is some sort of old plastic, maybe Bakelite or celluloid?. The flowers are possibly glass as chink more. They are held on by metal wires. The chrome type end caps are throwing me off though as they look later than the rest but are obviously contemporary.
    Any thoughts please?
    Thankyou :)
    E478B5A6-6E76-4F69-8CBD-B30DF6C4BD2C.jpeg 3C38B768-B407-42C4-B6DB-AC89CD8A3798.jpeg AFD446C5-7464-46DB-934A-E509A2BA8CAF.jpeg 9E8CE6E6-A0F9-4203-9C90-1B2D12043BC4.jpeg 02854964-CA1B-4F76-BD71-775BEE15B08B.jpeg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Chrome caps are fine. The big bead is recognisable between the wars Czech glass, flowers likewise. Lovely beadwork. 1930s ish.

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks very much. I will try to find an end cap to match and tidy it up. :)

4. axelrich

axelrich Active Member

That's Beautiful..

KSW, Bronwen and PortableTreasures like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous, KSW. I'm with obb on the period.
    Chrome was very popular during the Art Deco period, btw.

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I used to have a little pin bought in the early 70s in a resale shop that was just a cluster of little glass flowers & leaves [excuse me; cat just threw up all over the desk] bound with silver thread. The flowers were very similar to these, except in blue. It was an old little thing then, so 30s - early 40s seems good to me too.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    KSW and i need help like this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Hopefully not on anything irreplaceable!
    I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it's rather nice in a kitsch sort of way. I will try to restore it.

Xristina likes this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Every day is a learning day!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Because she is on the desk most of the time I'm at it, I'm usually working with the keyboard in my lap & have to mouse on whatever part of the desk top she leaves free. She shifts position from time to time, so I have 3 mouse pads. Since she did some preparatory heaving first, had time to move one pad into the main line of fire & one beyond that caught most of the rest. Probably the easiest clean up I've ever had.

KSW and Xristina like this.
  10. Bronwen

I like it very much & have not seen another like it. Hope you can get a clasp back on it. Think if you wore it you would get a lot of comments. Most of them positive. :)

KSW and Xristina like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've a rather nice bracelet with good beading like that somewhere......

KSW and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted