Antique Africa trade beads ?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Abraham, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Abraham

Abraham New Member

Hello everyone, I have been going through some boxes and found this, the beads are obviously very old. I’m guessing Africa trade beads? Any input on what it is and if it has much value?? I’ve got a ton of stuff to go through so I’ll be asking a question or two here!

Attached Files:

KSW likes this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Lewis and Clark/fancy floras,skunk beads and others.Only an expert can tell if they are old and original that were traded in Africa and the Americas.The beads are still made today.

KSW and Houseful like this.
  3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Before asking about values....which we're hesitant to suggest...we would at least require ....
    Where the item is at present..
    Where you got it, and how long you've had it..
    Anything you already know about it....
    & how you intend to sell it.....or if , just for insurance purposes .

& that's only after we've figured out exactly what you've got !!! :happy::happy::happy:

kyratango and patd8643 like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Abraham, your photos are tiny, which makes it impossible to tell if your beads have any age or if they are modern Indonesian replicas etc.

KSW and komokwa like this.
  6. Abraham

Abraham New Member

Oh shoot, yeah I can’t upload big pics..... it’s been in family since early 80s and I’d sell if it was worth it, doesn’t make sense to insure it I don’t imagine it’s in a collection in California that includes A LOT. Of ancient beads and jewelry

KSW likes this.
  7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

This is the people who might be interested in the beads,not sure if any events will be in your area sometime this year............ https://www.crazycrow.com/site/events/category/mountain-man-rendezvous/

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Try emailing yourself the photos to resize them- iPhone etc give you a size option when you press send. Choose medium and then save the photos back to your phone. That will have resized them and they will load to the site.

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted