Antique Art Deco blue frosted petticoat glass boudoir table lamps Crystal Stem

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Dunesfield, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Dunesfield

Dunesfield Member

Beautiful blue frosted glass base and Petticoat shades. 20180812_170936_Film4a.jpg Crystal glass stem inserts with a Dark blue glass ring.There is a small chip on one of the shades, but it is on the bottom and INSIDE the shade. (cant even see it, but its there and pictured). Other than that PERFECT CONDITION! I even re wired them both because the wire was cracked. Still have the original Bakelite plugs. These are some beautiful lamps!!
    These are at auction right now, if you want them right now the first reasonable offer will end the auction now. Shipping will be $18 anywhere in the lower USA, more if you live in AL HI Puerto Rico. below is the link to the auction.

EBAY AUCTION HERE

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

You are opening yourself up to an upset buyer when you start off with SUPERB condition and then mention a flaw later on. Dunno how many posts i've read on the ebay sellers board that had listings like that that ended up getting the seller a negative and a return.

Lots of buyers just skim listing descriptions, if they even read them at all. Especially if they are on mobile. Gotta be extra careful.

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Certainly you may use my word "petticoat" without attribution. Why would I mind?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Dunesfield

Dunesfield Member

After reading your reply, you are absolutely right. The wording could be construed to be misleading. We changed the auction wording to make it a little better. Thanks for the heads up Kronos. We sell under multiple user names and sometimes get a little ahead of ourselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted