Featured Antique Bone & Ivory Crochet Hook Collection

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by wlwhittier, Jul 21, 2022.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

I began this collection in the early 1980's, incidental to the gift of the 2-piece double hook on the right from a girlfriend who enjoyed my eclectic assortments of treasures. I don't have the slightest crochet skills, but I do appreciate the high craft evident in some of the work I have seen. These haven't been sought out so much as serendipitously stumbled upon in my quest for other additions to my dragon's hoard. Some are obviously bone. The overall attraction for me has been the sweet lathe-work on one end, and the finely carved hook on the business end...which must acquire the correct thread and move the created loop without either snagging or losing it.

So very tiny are a few of these hooks...like the single steel, 3rd from the left; its hook is .044" side to side. As a reference the dead-white one 5th from left is 5⅝" long, .195" (5mm) in diameter.

As always, thanks for lookin'!

fullsizeoutput_9a62.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9a61.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9a60.jpeg fullsizeoutput_9a5f.jpeg

2. lovewrens

lovewrens Well-Known Member

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's fun to have a collection that develops that way.

pearlsnblume and wlwhittier like this.
  4. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

More to come...inna new post with Stiletto in th' title...soon!

Draft saved Draft deleted