Antique brass? bronze? Christ crucified on cross on stand w/unusual skin?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jun 3, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a thrift store the other day - it had just come in and was still being processed when I saw it & the manager agreed to sell it to me.

It measures 17" tall

Is it brass or bronze?

What's with the unusual condition of Jesus's skin? It doesn't look like it came from age but was made that way? (The photos taken outside show it better) - was it sculpted like this?

Any idea of it's age?

Finally, did it come from a church - or is there a way to know that?

Thank you for any information on it; I like this that it's different.

ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 1AA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 1AAA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3AA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3A_AA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3A_AAA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3AAA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3BAA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 3CAA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 4AA.JPG ART RELIGON CROSS BRASS BRONZE 5AA.JPG

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like it has a bad case of casting porosity.

Generic_Lad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted