Antique Buffet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by jhamm86, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Can anyone tell me anything about this piece?

1. Age?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Manufacturer?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. jhamm86

jhamm86 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone would know anything about this piece. I bought it in the mid 80s in Texas.

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Welcome. I think the furniture people will want more photographs. The open draws from the sides, hinges and the back if possible. When you upload your photographs, click on "full size" so people don't have to click on the images. Some people won't click.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think it was newish when you bought it . My knee jerk reaction was 1980s when I saw it. Those drawers confuse me though,it almost looks like a converted tv cabinet . Does that big panel under the drawers open ?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think this is 1930s or so and from across the pond. The coloration of the drawer vs. the rest is a bit confusing. Not sure what is going on there. Doubt it is original.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Shape looks right for 30s. Drawers are very odd.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im wondering now if someone gussied it up ? Painted everything black except the drawers . I see the 1930s aspect , but I still think later .But we can do that on here, and not get raked over the coals or cancelled !

Fid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted