Antique Ceramic and Metal Vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jennifer Nantais, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Jennifer Nantais

Jennifer Nantais New Member

Hello! I’m curious if anyone knows where to direct me to find out more about these vases. Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/J9iS2ve[​IMG]

I am 98% sure that they came to Canada from Holland but I am not having any luck finding anything more online

2. Barry Stephen

Barry Stephen Active Member

I've seen this metal wrapping on Japanese Awaji pottery but the vase itself doesn't look particulary Japanese. Can you see any marks on the underside?

3. Jennifer Nantais

Here are more photos of the second and the markings on the bottom of the first one (no markings on the bottom of the 2nd) https://imgur.com/a/TvHZtvo
    That bottom marking is also looking like it’s possibly Japanese lettering

4. Barry Stephen

I'm no Japan expert so can't help with the 'writing'. The second vase scenery has a Japanese style to it but the base of the first with the writing doesn't look much like the Awaji I suggested. I'm sure someone will come along who knows, in the meantime suggest you check out 'Awaji with wire wrapping' in case you find that pattern.....:)

5. Jennifer Nantais

6. Barry Stephen

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted