Antique Check Protector - Repairable?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by DrPam, Feb 28, 2021.

1. DrPam

DrPam Active Member

I've seen other folks discussing these check protectors on this forum, and am hoping someone can help.

My sister wants to use our Dad's old check protector, but can't locate online any kind of instructions regarding how they work. She did locate one business that says they repair them but they're on the east coast -- she's on the west coast and the protector is very heavy so she's not sure it's worth the freight.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Hedman Check Writer Top Reduced.jpg Hedman Check Writer back reduced.jpg Hedman Check Writer back plate.jpg Hedman Check Writer Top Reduced.jpg Hedman Check Writer back reduced.jpg Hedman Check Writer back plate.jpg

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These folks may be able to help you out.

http://www.fecheck.com/home.htm

There are also some YouTube videos that address these machines.

If you watch eBay sellers often list manuals for vintage items.

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Those are good tips Peggy. My father has a similar one, but I have no clue as to how it worked. It came out of his office and is gone after he sold the house years ago.

DrPam, bercrystal and i need help like this.
  4. DrPam

DrPam Active Member

Many thanks, Peggy -- I've passed your suggestions along to my sister -- keep your fingers crossed!

komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

We have one of those. I'd completely forgotten about it. Jon used it when he first started his business in 1973! I think he got it from an old motel.

DrPam and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted