Antique Clear Glass Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Nov 1, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7103.JPG Any help with the maker?

2. kardinalisimo

IMG_7126.JPG Another question. The top of the handle is applied to the body, the bottom goes into a hole. Have you seen this technique before?

judy likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I can't help with an ID but it looks like a pretty generic lemonade or iced tea pitcher. Could be depression era or could be made yesterday. The handle is interesting. It almost looks like they planned on doing a half handle and changed their mind.
    Don

Blue Ribbon Antiques and judy like this.
  4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I believe this is a machine made item, the handle was moved to be in the hole after it came from the machine. An opinion, post 1950.

5. kardinalisimo

IMG_7155.JPG Thanks for the comments. I guess if that is a valve mark on the base then it's machine made. There are some bubbles including few larger but I guess that can be seen on machine pieces.
    Is there anything on the pitcher that gives up its age? And why choosing this type of technique for the handle?
    Btw, are there supposed to be visible seams?

judy likes this.
  6. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

If 2nd pic down is the bottom, there’s no wear at all showing on the foot, leading me to conclude it is neither antique nor vintage.

judy and dgbjwc like this.
  7. kardinalisimo

IMG_7184.JPG IMG_7185.JPG IMG_7186.JPG I doubt it was made yesterday with all those flaws in the glass but might not be antique either.
    Lots of scratching on the bottom but that's not enough to determine the age. Heavy glass that is used regularly can get that wear fast.

Draft saved Draft deleted