Featured Antique Coffee Grinder

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Karll, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Karll

Karll Member

When my wife’s cousins mother past away I picked this up when they were selling off all her antiques. We looked for a fair price but at the time could not find anything online so we settled on $300.00. Afterwards I found others for a lot more and offered her more for it but she said no.
    2C2000AC-03A8-4B78-AB74-B847AFE4B93E.jpeg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW! Yours is like brand new and in awesome condition and hopefully not a repro!! WELL taken care of!!!:):):)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Doubt it would be a repro but think it has likely been repainted in recent years -- not sure if that hurts it -- but I'm a big fan of original patina. Have seen coffee grinders occasionally at estate auctions and ones of this size usually sell well.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Karll

Karll Member

I doubt if it’s been repainted as my wife’s cousins mother was an antique dealer and would probably keep it in the original condition. It adjusts for the grind and has a copper tray that is hard to see to catch the grounds. It works great!

Joe2007 likes this.
  6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Perhaps I am just used to seeing ones that have gotten heavy use and look like they have been through a war but I think it would be fairly rare to see one in such pristine condition. That would definitely be a big plus and would add considerable value.

Does anyone know if these larger coffee grinders intended users were commercial enterprises like general stores or restaurants?

7. Karll

Karll Member

This is not a very reliable source but it is like buying a new car all of a sudden you see the same cars on the road. After purchasing this coffee grinder I have seen them on old western movies in the general stores.

Joe2007 likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

of course you have....the prop manger was tasked with filling the scene with period pieces .....or to keep costs down.....repro's of period items...

Draft saved Draft deleted