Featured Antique Crystal Bottle W/ Ornate .800 Silver Fliptop-Age-Mark-ID Help??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SPERLS, Nov 19, 2019.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

It Is 7" Tall....Any help Appreciated. CIMG1885.JPG CIMG1886.JPG P1010110.JPG CIMG1888.JPG CIMG1887.JPG

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Gorgeous bottle

kyratango, SPERLS and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Cologne or vanity bottle. It's missing a stopper.
    Am I seeing 800? Then not American.

@Bakersgma

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I have no useful ideas about what small bit of marking seems to be there. The 800 standard is and has been used in so many different places that without additional country or maker's marks, it isn't enough. There does seem to be a partial triangle with something inside it, but it isn't ringing any bells for me. Sorry.

5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Bit obscured, but believe it's Wolfers Frères - Belgian...

~Cheryl

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sweeeet....

kyratango and SPERLS like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a beauty, Sperls. I agree it is missing a stopper, but it is still lovely.
    The maker's mark looks like an A topped by a star in a triangular cartouche.
    This is the mark I have for Wolfers Frères, but it could be a later mark than the one you were thinking of. The only other Wolfers mark I know is for Philippe Wolfers' own designs.
    The A800 is a quality mark.
    [​IMG]

Maybe this helps too, the Belgian assay marks from 1869-present day ('heden' in Dutch):
    upload_2019-11-20_11-38-29.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Figtree3, kyratango and SPERLS like this.
  8. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Thank you for helping me find this maker Cheryl
    The mark on this bottle is "3 stars in a triangle",which is for the Wolfers Freres Workshop....It has a monogram on top...It appears to be "AB" ? CIMG1889.JPG

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@TallCakes
    If the top is silver, then the bottle is probably cut and not pressed. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

@SPERLS can you tell if the bottle is cut or pressed glass?

SPERLS likes this.
  11. komokwa

i think more like a B with a J...
    the B is unto itself with that long line having swirls at the top and bottom running thru it... imo..

SPERLS likes this.
  12. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

At 7” tall. I wonder if it might not be a decanter, possibly belonging in a tantalus.

SPERLS likes this.
  13. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

It is cut glass & has a slight opalescent appearance.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  14. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

Is this the same bottle?
    I hope so:)

Attached Files:

15. komokwa

16. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

I also found this!!! Its an other item of Faberge with almost the same initials J. C.

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      248.9 KB
      Views:
  17. Bakersgma

The glass looks quite similar but the silver fitting is entirely different - threaded top versus hinged top, different decoration and shape as well. And clearly the OP's silver is in no way a product of Faberge (if the one shown is or not, I do not know. Faberge fakes are rampant.)

And as for the second "Faberge" I don't understand your point about the monogram of JC being "almost the same." Almost the same as what?

18. komokwa

19. Bakersgma

So the JC monogram on an Art Nouveau vanity mirror supposedly marked as a product of Faberge is being compared to the AB monogram on the top of the OP's glass bottle which is not marked as a product of Faberge and has been suggested to be by a Belgian firm. Frankly I see no point in making this comparison. The fonts used by the engravers of the 2 monograms are not the same.

20. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

It looks like the same glass...I read that Val Saint Lambert did crystal glass for some of Wolfers Freres....Fabrege??...My glass is not marked??

Draft saved Draft deleted