Featured Antique doll Germany Patent pending

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tina Jansen 62, Nov 18, 2019.

1. 20191118_100021.jpg 20191118_100035.jpg 20191118_100021.jpg We are a non profit and received this doll in. Patent pending made in Germany. She is missing toes and at one point had been broken and reglued. She is hand strung. Is there any real value here

KSW, scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi! Poor lady.....she's really been through a rough time!! I'm not the expert on dolls, but there are a couple here that are and are collectors, so they should be along...... @Debora, @Christmasjoy .....I tagged a couple.....

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

KSW, scoutshouse, i need help and 2 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Great minds.:hilarious:

KSW, scoutshouse, i need help and 3 others like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOPS, Sorry, Tina, nearly forgot to WELCOME you to ANTIQUERS!!!!!:singing::singing::):):)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tina! Although I'm a (self-proclaimed) expert in many areas, dolls are not among them. Do know that dress is not original and doesn't require special handling.

Debora

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Tina!

Welcome to Antiquers...........

The doll is a reproduction, and not of any great quality.

A home doll maker might be able to make use of the cloth body.

No value to speak of.

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Hi, and WELCOME TINA !! ... I slept in after sitting up half the night perusing these forums so sorry to be so late getting back here :) ... I agree with all others who replied .. the doll is a reproduction and a poorly made one to boot, the clothing is not old either .. no value there I'm afraid .. Joy.

9. Any Jewelry

The things we make you do....:arghh: Antiquers is a health hazard.:doctor::nurse::joyful:

lloyd249, patd8643, KSW and 3 others like this.
  10. Christmasjoy

OMG AJ ... I can't get ENOUGH of these forums, I soak up ALL the information that I can and then show off by unloading it all on my family, .. :):) .. I have even told them about quarter sawn oak, assorted tools and stuff, ..LOL. Antiquers is truly a gift for us all ... Joy.

lloyd249, KSW, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I have the slight suspicion that this was made between 1945 and 1949 during the "made in U.S. zone" era. the Germans would not have used Patent Pending if it wasn't for the US market or sold in the military outlets.

Tina Jansen 62 likes this.
  12. Christmasjoy

I have many antique German dolls and they are ALL Beautifully made and meticulously painted .. I have NEVER seen one that looks like THIS. The doll is hand painted (and very poorly). I would have liked to see the doll undressed but it really doesn't matter. If a child loved it and played with it that's what matters :) ... Joy.

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Could doll be contemporary to dress which appears to be 1980s?

Debora

14. Christmasjoy

If it was it would have been left unpainted .. this doll has been painted by a very amatuer hand. It is possible that it is a newer unpainted repro made to look old ... Joy.

judy likes this.
  15. Christmasjoy

Actually it appears that they stopped painting halfway down the face ...

judy likes this.
  16. Christmasjoy

I remember years ago I was at a Swap Meet and I passed by a table that a closed box with "Antique Doll .. please ask for help" written on the top. I asked her if I could open it and she stood right by me as I opened the lid ... she immediately said loudly " BE VERY CAREFUL .. IT'S VERY OLD AND DELICATE !!!" I recognized the doll as a modern repro on sight but lifted it from the box .. she was yelling out to be careful the whole time in between saying that she wanted $200 for it and that it was a BARGAIN !! .. this was in the 1980's when these dolls were prolific. Anyway, I informed her that it wasn't old but a reproduction and she roughly snatched the doll from my hands, crammed it roughly back in the box and glared at me .. I smiled at her sweetly and moved on .... Joy. :):):)

Tina Jansen 62, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. So sorry everyone. The exact wording is Patent Appd for. And then underneath Germany. The paint is worn off the face. Not that they stopped painting. Do you still think it is a reproduction? Hand strung

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

19. As I posted below I had the wording wrong. Patent Appd for

Draft saved Draft deleted