Antique French Mirror

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lawrence Clayton, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Lawrence Clayton

Lawrence Clayton New Member

I have an antique french mirror which I'd like to get some idea concerning it's value. I have searched the web looking for a similar one with no luck. It is a sofa size mirror. Has anyone got an idea of how to categorize this mirror and what its value might be? 0001.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Late bordello? Actually French Rococo in style but does not appear to be a period example. The addition of the figures is unusual. Guess I would like to see the back to get an idea of age but my best guess is 60s or later based on what I can see. assuming I am right, it is worth what the market will bear as used furnishings.

komokwa and leeddie like this.
  3. leeddie

leeddie Well-Known Member

If the mirror is of American manufacture the back should have the specific date it was made. You would of course have to remove the dust cover to reveal the information, but along with the date many times the maker would also stamp thier name. Good luck..

lol @ late bordello

4. Lawrence Clayton

Lawrence Clayton New Member

Thanks, I'll check the back. It is very heavy, so i need to wait for help. Thanks again.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Sure looks incongruous among the other decor.

Draft saved Draft deleted