Antique gaming/card table thoughts??

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Darrin Herrera, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hi All, I came across the is table/chairs today. The seller wants $100. It's advertised as antique. Top/ center flips over (not sure what that means). Is this a good deal at $100?? Sorry, this is the only photo I have. Seller says he thinks the table is stained hardwood?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

The insert part with the checkerboard must flip over. Either a different gaming-top or it will be plain.

Personally, I think $100 is over-priced but it depends on the area you are in & how much you like it.

table1.jpg

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hard to say anything about actual age from this one picture. Would you not pay the asking price if you knew that the set was only 20 or 30 years old?

I have never seen an actual antique (100 years old or more) with the insert that can be moved and turned over.

Christmasjoy and James Conrad like this.
  4. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Well, out of my area of interest but it looks nice, although agree with Bakers not antique, still, 4 chairs & a table for $100 sounds cheap to me if in decent condition..

5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Not antique; the price is probably fair if you use the table and chairs alot.

Christmasjoy and James Conrad like this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I think the price is right for a great condition gaming table and 4 chairs .. even though not antique .. Joy.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if it comes with the chairs i'd snap it up....

Draft saved Draft deleted