Antique Hunting During The Winter?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Not many auctions, flea markets, estate sales, or garage sales this time of year for those of us in northern portion of the U.S. due to the cold weather.

Is there any good antique hunting spots that you have found during this time of year?

I personally have been focusing on antique shows and antique malls in the last few months along with the occasional estate auction that is still being held this time of year.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

wait for spring...:playful:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thrift shops are not too bad. Flea markets in my area kinda suck. Everyone has everything marked full blown retail and hardly ever want to negotiate. Antique shows and malls are ok but most of that stuff is already researched and hard to get a decent bargain unless your buying to keep

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You never know what you're going to find at any time......Spring Summer Winter Fall.....or where.......

I visit local thrifts and shops all year round. Hunting is enhanced with garage sales once Spring comes. Less outdoor sales in Summer because of the heat and vacations, but Fall makes up for it with Church sales and yard sales.

I never expect to find as much in an Antique shop, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to go and seek what someone else might not think worthy of a higher price.

I love it all.......... any time, any where.

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I agree, hunting in the North Eastern US this time of year is sparse!

I go to thrifts, our local transfer station's swap shop and any estate sales that come up, though not many do. There is a year-round flea market about an hour or so away. Probably in February my hunting friend and I will give it a try out of desperation :wideyed: It looks like all new stuff, but you never know!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted