Antique? Japanese? Gold ring help please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by nifflertreasures, Feb 24, 2019.

1. I bought 87# of assorted jewelry at auction, and while combing through the tangled masses I discovered this ring. It kind of reminds me of the fancy fittings found on old Japanese swords. It has a coppery colored exterior, but the interior surface is a bright gold color. Around the outside it has a leaf sort of motif in gold and silver, with a single solder joint of silver color. I acid tested it to a minimum of 14 karat gold. It weighs 2.4 grams...It is wide but very thin. There is an unfamiliar stamped mark on the inside, and I was hoping some of the very knowledgeable people on this forum might be able to help identify it, as I have been unable to find a match online. Any information or advice is appreciated, thank you. WIN_20190223_16_42_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20190223_16_43_30_Pro.jpg WIN_20190223_16_43_44_Pro.jpg

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

I see nothing to suggest it is Japanese,is there a separation between the top of the ring and the inside? The inside mark is not clear enough to see detail.

i need help likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7F4433FE-B6F1-4B1A-9CF9-AB911D7A0231.jpeg It looks a little like a lucky clover band?

4. I have a closer picture of the mark, sorry. I have a USB microscope but I am still learning to use it effectively so I apologize for my low quality photography. WIN_20190223_16_41_51_Pro.jpg

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I can see the outlines of clover too. You are so clever.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Looks like it a little? I guess we’ll have to see.:wideyed:

7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Really can't tell much based on the photos.If it is copper and silver on the top surface it was acid etched to show the pattern.The maker's mark was soldered to the inside,but I don't recognize it.

Draft saved Draft deleted