Antique Japanese porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SSlava, Sep 22, 2021.

1. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

Is it possible to read the signature of the master? Who made it? What is the dating of the porcelain?
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The mark is shown upside down, it reads Kutani Zo (Kutani made), this is a form of Japanese porcelain, tracking down the artist maker is very unlikely to be possible.

Just to add it will be pre WW2 given the mark, probably somewhere between 1910 and 1930.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  3. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

Do you think that this is the beginning of the 20th century in style?

4. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

5. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

6. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

And that's it, I realized that this is the name of the area)).

7. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct, it refers to the regional style, and yes yours is typical of early 20th century style. The quality of the one in the link is much higher of course and has the artists name on the bottom.

SSlava likes this.
  8. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

And how much can such porcelain cost? As I understand it, in the range of 20-50 dollars?I bought it for $ 19.

9. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

That seems very reasonable, at the low end of what you would expect for the piece.

komokwa and SSlava like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted