Antique Lighters

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Shangas, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

So, I bought a whole heap of antique lighters from a friend at his shop the other day.

I've just sold two, and I have more to sell off, but I'm keeping two lighters for myself.

The first one is this 1920s/30s "SCHUPP".

I've never heard of this brand, but it sounds German. It's an imitation of a Dunhill Unique from the early/mid 20s. From what I've seen imitations of the Dunhill Unique are VERY common. Hey, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

It's a single-wheel horizontal striking mechanism, works very well and is just cute! I love it. In fact, I think it's BIGGER than a Dunhill Unique, which is cool.

schupp02.jpg schupp01.jpg schupp03.jpg

This is the second lighter. I see THOUSANDS of these on YouTube and Google Images and even eBay, saying that they're WWI trench lighters. A bit of research showed that they're actually a very early IMCO design, made in Austria, in about 1920.

This isn't from 1920, it's a modern reproduction/copy of the original 20s design. But I love it just for the novelty aspect, and had to buy it, anyway!!

imim01.jpg imim02.jpg imim03.jpg

2. axelrich

axelrich Active Member

Those are some of best Lighters I have ever seen..

kyratango likes this.
  3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Well-Known Member

I have an early one of those tube lighters that belonged to my mother. It's tucked away someplace. She always used it.

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted