Featured "Antique" Nippon Vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by janettekay, Aug 19, 2017.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I have a pair of these...using the word antique..as they are family pieces that I truly believe are from the early 1900s . But of course..I bow to the experts here for any and all info !!!! They are 10" high.

PS
    As I said in my other thread...having LOTS of problems downloading photos ...all my good ones of this were on PB...can't access them....so these will have to do for now...

niippon viase 001.JPG

nippon vases 006.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Janette, to me, it looks like the 6th mark down on this page:
    http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/noritake.shtml

Text says:
    Mark: "M" standing for "Morimura" in a wreath, crowned by "Hand painted" and below, NIPPON. Date: Introduced in 1911 and possible in use until 1921. The first reported U.S. registry for a Noritake back stamp for importing is 1911.

Ooops! Bakers beat me to it!

4. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Thanks !!! I have had them for many decades...but knew they had to be from my grandmother or her family...since my mom is 102..they had to be old.!

While they are not quite "my cup of tea"...they sit in my hutch...as not sure worth selling and the hassle of shipping if they did sell.;)

Ghopper1924, judy and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted